Sexual Harassment Lawyers In Chicago & DuPage County, IL.
If you have been sexually harassed at work, you need a sexual harassment law firm to fight for you. The sexual harassment attorneys at the Dvorak Law Offices, LLC. is ready to protect your rights and assist you with any sexual harassment issues. Sexual harassment can range in severity from lewd comments that are not directed at any person in particular, to serious physical actions such as sexual assault. Frequent or pervasive sexual harassment can create a hostile work environment. A hostile work environment may be created when coworkers put up offensive sexual images, through physical touching, pornographic emails being sent to other employees via sexual jokes or acts. Any form of sexual harassment is unacceptable.
Sexual Harassment is Illegal
Illinois & Federal law protects individuals against discrimination based on sexually explicit behavior: Sexual harassment includes:
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Requests for sexual favors
- Verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature
Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:
- The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex
- The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct
- Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim
Under Illinois law, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment if the conduct affects an individual’s employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
If you or somebody you know has been a victim of sexual harassment, then please call us today.